úterý 31. července 2012

Bubbles & Sparkles!

Today I'm leaving for Switzerland to visit some of my dear friends. They like drinking wine - especially their family. I have to admit - I love wine, too. I started drinking wine just by drinking what ever the bar I was at offered. After many many bad hangovers I've decided to stick to beer at the bars and enjoy wine at home with my friends. 

Here are some of my favorites!
Number one wine that I had the luck to taste just few days ago, is Frankovka (official name is Lemberger or Blaufränkisch).  Blaufränkisch, which is a late-ripening variety gives red wines which are typically rich in tannin and may exhibit a pronounced spicy character. The grape is grown across Central Europe, including AustriaCzech Republic 




From the same wine growing company (Zámecké vinařství Bzenec) I also love the Saint Laurent wine (called Svatovavřinecké in Czech). St. Laurent is a highly aromatic dark-skinned wine grape variety of the same family as Pinot Noir, originating in France.
St. Laurent is the most widely planted red grape variety in the Czech Republic, growing in all wine subregions in both Moravia and Bohemia. It comprises approximately 9% of total vineyards, or 1,730 hectares (4,300 acres).

Now moving on to the bubbles and sparkles! The world wide known sparkly wine (not talking about Champaigne!) would be Lambrusco. Lambrusco is made white, rosé or red. I personally love the red one, it tastes like a coctail made out of wine, sparkly water and grape juice. No matter who made that wine, Lambrusco is always a good choice.

Avanti is one of the cheaper, but also great options on the market. It is a sparkly wine as well, white, rosé, rosso...you can even buy some fruity flavor! I've tryed peach and strawberries. Peach is my favorite! And I've seen pear, cherries and many more flavors...

And finally - I have to include a white wine! I've accidentally once bought this Sauvignon by Asconi, it was the best white wine I've ever had. And I'm not a big fan of white wines...
Sauvignon Blanc is a green-skinned grape variety which originates from the Bordeaux region of France. The grape most likely gets its name from the French word sauvage ("wild") and blanc ("white") due to its early origins as an indigenous grape in South West France, a possible descendant of savagnin. Sauvignon blanc is planted in many of the world's wine regions, producing a crisp, dry, and refreshing white varietal wine. The grape is also a component of the famous dessert wines from Sauternes and Barsac.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat