pátek 27. července 2012

Gym Getaway

Hello everybody!
I just came back from the gym and I have to tell you - there is no better way to relax and feel positive! I'm definitely an Endorphin junkie!
Here's an explanation of what endorphins really are and what they do according to the Wikipedia:

"Endorphins are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus invertebrates during exercise,excitementpainconsumption of spicy foodlove and orgasm and they resemble the opiates in their abilities to produce analgesia and a feeling of well-being."


I don't want to get too much into it, but to be honest, I definitely feel much more positive after a good workout and that mood stays on for the rest of the day. Of corse - when I wake up evey morning, I feel too lazy to go to the gym, but I know how proud I will be afterwards and I just go. Trust me - the worst part about going to the gym is actually going there. Once you are there, with your gear and everything, you don't feel lazy anymore.


What do I wear while working out at the gym?
I usually opt for a light weight T-shirt that is made out of cotton - it absorbs your sweat and is very comfortable. Another option is to buy a T-shirt or a tank top made out of special sport material, like this one:



These kinds of tops usually have a built - in bra. Which can be great, but I prefer wearing my own sport bra. When I was living in the USA, I bought a simple and very affordable bra from Wallmart! Yes! They were in a 3 pack and I love them. I've had them for over 3 years and they are still in great shape!

For bottoms, I don't like to wear shorts. First of all, I don't like to show my legs that much, but also while working out, 3/4 lenght leggings are much more comfy.


You should never save your money on shoes! Those are very important! Your gym shoes should be new, don't ever buy them in a second - hand or thrift store! They should fit you comfortably and be flexible. You don't want to get blisters...
When you go shoe shopping, always ask somebody if those are the right ones for you. Running shoes for treadmill and outdoor running are different! So be aware of that.

I'm not a personal trainer or anything, those are just my tips and things I've learned along the way.


Asics are supposed to be one of the best running and gym shoes on the market. I personally never owned a pair, my Adidas are great and I don't need another pair, but aren't these pink ones lovely??

More about what I do at the gym in another blog post! Have a great day :-)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat