středa 13. února 2013

Bank Trouble!

When I first came to France in September I opened a bank account with the help of my previous host-father.  I should probably say that he opened it, I signed. I had no idea about what was going on, what type of a bank account I was opening, how did it work. All I knew was that it would cost me 1 € per month and that was it. They didn't bother to explain anything else to me. My phone company was taking money from that account every month, covering my phone plan with it. Which was great, I didn't have to worry about anything. Up until now. My new host-family pays me in cash, so there was no money coming into the bank account. And as SFR was taking 12 € every month out of there...well, it got to a point where there was no money. SFR (my phone company) blocked my cell phone and I went to the bank to deposit some euros. Only then I learned that I can't. My bank account is in Bordeaux and that is the only place where I can put money on there. Weird. Luckily, I found a really nice bank advisor. I made an appointment with her for this Tuesday  to solve all af this mess.
So yesterday I visited her, at 1:30 PM. I spent good two hours with her, opened a new bank account, opened another saving's account, got my first check-book, and finally closed the old account in Bordeaux! She explained everything to me, how to transfer money, how to deposit money, how to pay online and do internet banking...I couldn't wish for a better advisor. Now I just need to go to SFR and give them my new Relevé d'Idantité Bancaire, so they can take the money I owe them from my new account and unblock my cell phone!



Adelka

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat