neděle 9. září 2012

Sunday Night's McDonald's

Hi there! I survived day two as being an au pair!
Today was my day off, but I spent it witht the family anyways. Instead of being home, sitting on my butt and chatting on Facebook, I've decided to go visit the grandparents. I keep forgetting that I'm not in the USA, but in France! We WALKED there. It is not far, but it's something Americans would never do (no offense!).

We arrived at around noon at the house. It is a nice cute french house with lots of wine growing on top of it. They have nice pool, too. The whole family gathers every Sunday for their lunch, which is so so nice. I wish my family was like that, too. There were about twenty of us, in total. Children of all ages, starting with my pregnant host - mom, a newborn, one - year - old, four, six, ten and thirteen year olds.
We ate lunch - well, we had six courses...SIX!! Within those six courses, we ate ten different types of appetizers, three different wines, each for different meal, two desserts and seven different cheeses. I was STUFFED...but it was all so good! And mostly very healthy.

After the lunch the kids changed into their bathing suits and hopped into the pool. I was watching them from the shade while everybody else drank coffee. We spent another couple of hours by the pool and then we all gathered at the table to eat - again! Afternoon snack...because the kids were tired we went home, where they all took showers and changed into their PJ's.

Estelle told me that Sunday is not only lunch at the grandparents, but also dinner at "Mecdo" (McDonald's). Me and Julien, the father, took the kids, picked up the food and after we all ate outside on a padio.

Right after dinner the kids brush their teeth, pee and go to bed. Gaspard still wears dipers to bed, just in case. While the parents read a story for good night, I sit on the kid's bed and listen with them. I kiss them good night and they kiss me. They seem to like me already :)

I was also playing hide and seek with Gaspard today and he loved it! :) Which is good, because "hide" and "seek" are one of the few words I can say in French :D



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat